Saturday, March 6, 2010

Having A Fit

Having a fit with my new fitness regimen, that is. As you know, I had decided to embark on a fitness journey, that is Insanity.

Well, let me tell you, that name couldn't be more fitting. I started last week and the first day, was KILLER!! I felt like I was gonna throw up a few times, pass out and grind my teeth down to nubs. I had to stop the video like 5 TIMES, just to catch my breath!!!

But a week has past and now all I can THINK about is rushing home and doing Insanity. About 3 days in, I started to fall in love. I started to fall in love with how I felt afterwards..long afterwards.. I had energy for days. I felt more alert, less lethargic, less hungry for sweet treats, strangely and sore.. but a good sore because it reminded me that I was making progress.


Since my new found health kick, I've encouraged my friends to jump into Insanity with me. And while I have no takers just yet, everyone is at least working out! A great victory in itself.

We all text each other about the day's food journals, critique and make suggestions. We're also on a quest for the perfect multi-vitamin to supplement our more healthy food choices. I currently take Centrum Performance. I like this vitamin.. I do feel more energize when I take than on the days that I forget. And with Insanity, I need all the help I can get. But I'm always searching for something better, so I'm thinking of trying ProGrade vgf 25+ for Women:


Nutrient-rich concentrates of 25 whole vegetables, greens and fruits
Specifically formulated for women
Promotes maximum fat burning potential through optimal nutritional foundation*
Support hormone balance*
Increase energy levels*
Boost mood and supports a healthy outlook*
Protect bladder and kidney health*
Improve sleep quality and reduce stress*
Makes nails stronger and hair shinier*
Does NOT upset stomach like conventional synthetic vitamins

VGF 25+ for Women provides Whole Food based nutrition to keep your body’s system running like a well-oiled, fat burning machine!

I'm jazzed about the Whole Food based nutrition so I'm gonna give these babies a try. 

2 comments:

that girl. said...

I tried the Insanity as well! It's amazing how strong you get so quickly. I might go back to it, but I really missed working out with weights so I veered away from it. I did get all the way to the 2nd fit test and was amazed at the results. as well as how much more aware of my musculature I became. Cant wait to hear how you do!

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi That Girl!

Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see my results as well. I think the workout being without weights was really what appealed to me. But I may incorporate weights once I get to my target weight.