Thursday, February 18, 2010

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

I've decided to sell my wedding gown. My beautiful, fabulous Barcelona gown. When I picked my gown up from the bridal salon, I thought to myself, I will have my gown forever.. it's just too special to ever, ever part with.
                                                                 click pics to enlarge

I mean, I still put it on at least once a month and sit in it and watch TV, twirl in front of the mirror and freak my neighbors out when I go to check the mail in it. Crazy right? I know but it makes me smile. One time my Hubby came home early and I had it on with my veil on, no less. He just laughed and I was like "what?", as if it was totally normal for me to be sitting in the living room with my wedding gown on.

 
  


Anyhoo, I'm finally at a place that I can part with it. Hopefully, it will bring as much joy and fabulousness to another brides wedding day as it did mine.



8 comments:

THE FABULOUS WIFE said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I do plan on posting more wedding photos as soon as I get them all from my photographer. I do have a couple up from family so far, and one or two from my photog

What a cute blog you have! I admire you for getting to that place where you can sell your gown. You're so brave :)

Unknown said...

Breathtaking! This gown is totally gorgeous! Whoever gets this gown will be lucky, but you picked a showstopper!

Simply Me said...

new follower

Anonymous said...

where are you selling it? My sister wants that dress ...

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Ladies! Thanks for stopping by!

Anon, I'm selling my gown on OnceWed.com.

Thanks for your interest. =)

Dayka Robinson said...

that's cool that you're open to selling it and moving on to many other wonderful gowns (that i'm sure you'll have) over the course of your marriage! i'm not married, but i imagine that i'll follow suit when i do get married. you looked beautiful, and i'm sure it will make another bride's day!

maemae said...

I love your earrings!! I'm getting married this September and have yet to find just the perfect ones! Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking!
Love your blog....

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Maemae,

Thanks for stopping by!! I got my earrings from the bridal salon where I purchased my gown, La Belle Bridal, in Jersey City, NJ.

I had bought 4 pairs of earrings to go with my gown before I finally tried the gown on for the first time.. but none of them were "the ones" until I found these.. they were perfect. =)

Best of luck with your wedding planning and congrats!