Friday, June 27, 2008

Not Another Ghost

I was thinking of our wedding photography, something that's almost constantly on my mind as we haven't chosen a photographer yet. And I got to thinking of the photo dujour - you know the one of the gown hanging from the window. I know that usually that's the only place that you can hang it without it getting mussed or wrinkled. It's not one of my faves - to me it always looks like a ghost. So I've been thinking of a way to display my gown, a) so it doesn't get wrinkled and b) to garner a great photo or two. So I've decided to rent a dressform. I've scoured the 'Net so you can get an idea of how fantastic it will look, should you choose to go the dressform route yourself.




Photos by Dino Lara Photography

*click on photo to enlarge*

I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea. Your freshly pressed gown will be in all her splendor on display as she waits for you to get your hair and makeup done. Everyone will swoon as they admire her, "standing" tall and awaiting the big reveal at the ceremony. She'll "wink" at the photographer(s), as they snap her photo feverishly, then beam once her bride has dressed and seen herself for the first time in the mirror.

Yup, I gotta have this! Now where o where do I find a dressform rental?

No comments: