Thursday, January 6, 2011

Virtual Decorating

Today, I'm virtually decorating the dining room. I've been looking for captain's chairs to place at the ends of the dining room table. I'm thinking of going with these Hollywood Regency throne chairs.

The shape and the color is great! Also love the Asian feel to them. Besides cleaning them, I will probably just add some black lacquer goodness to the wood.

I want to add a cabinet to the space not so much for holding alot of dining items but more for decor. I like this:
I found this antique beauty on Ebay and I thought it was perfect to add a little Chinoserie interest but not overwhelm. I think with a little elbow grease, it'll be fab. The green color is apropos, as I feel like I'm having a green moment. May flank this with two chairs.. maybe.


I already have a lot of storage in that built-in in the dining room, so instead of having a buffet, I'm pondering console table in gold:


Noho Console Table from Clayton Gray Home

I like that it's sleek and simple, perfect for a pair of lamps and vignette.

I'm still debating paint color for the room or if I will add some wallpaper to the dining room. I also need an area rug and some art.