Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Trendsetting

Remember that huge pin on flower that I gushed about...



Well every since I stubbled upon it's over the top fabulousness, I had been brainstorming on how I could wear it. Lo and behold a most stunning way to don the bigger than life accouturement.... add it to my wedding gown!!!




Isn't THAT fab???! The gals at BridePower are so clever!! They took an already fab gown and added two burgundy OVERSIZED peonies in a slight diagonal orientation to the back of the gown. This "couture" touch just SINGS on this Vera Wang gown! They had a similar look with another Vera Wang but styled with gorgeous rhinestone encrusted belt.

Many a bride, present company included, often want to customize their wedding gowns to be even more special. When I ordered my gown, I asked if we could do away with one element and introduce another, more fab one.. a more "me" one. And while anything is possible, it's gonna cost you...heavily.

I wanted to add a crystal encrusted applique to my gown and that sucker is a whopping $700.00!!!!! What in the over-priced hell?!?!?! Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper but in my "look-at-me-I'm-in-my-wedding-gown" high, I acquised.

So back to the flower... while I may not be able to use this fantastic idea for my wedding gown, it would be a super fantastic option for any bride that needs a little something extra for her gown. Be it to add a little color in a refreshingly different way or using a white or cream version of the oversized flowers, for something more classic but insanely glamourous. I *HEART* this idea so much! Oh yeah and the bestest part, it's a fraction of the crazy prices for gown customization. Gotta love that!

*EDIT - I really need to stop posting on 2 hours of sleep - April from BridePower sent me an email letting me know that that Vera gown came with the flowers. Oooooh! But even still, I love the idea and now we know we can borrow from the idea with our own DIY.*

8 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Definitely reminds me of SJP on Sex and the City. I love it!

Anonymous said...

OMG I love this too! I've been thinking of ways to integrate huge flower "corsages" too. Love Vera Wang's take...unfortunately, I'm not in the market for a wedding dress :(

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Caitlin and K.Rae!! What's exciting about the huge flower is that you can take a less expensive dress and create a couture look for a fraction of the price.

K.Rae... that flower isn't part of Vera's dress.. it was added by the gals at BridePower as a visual of this chic add-on, that any bride can personalize her gown even more for her big day. Genuis right??

Anonymous said...

Vera Wang's Fall 08 collection featured large flowers on a few of her dresses:

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/12/129120/16_2008/77502061_10.preview.jpg

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/12/129120/16_2008/77502038_10.preview.jpg

The rest of the runway show:
http://teamsugar.com/gallery/view/1562004

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Lynne!! Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for this information! April from Bride Power shared that the flower came on the Vera dress.. I misunderstood the description or something.. 2 hours of sleep = bad blogger. =(

Sugarbloom Cupcakes said...

Yay! Who needs sleep when we have Vera W. You're still a star blogger Z!
x

banquetevent.com said...

SOOOOO love this trend for '09. Its so feminine and powerful all at the same time.

banquetevent.com said...

Oh, by the way, we've talked about this trend too so if people what more ideas they can click here:http://www.banquetevent.com/wedding/misc/labels/921.html