Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Should I DIY?

I've never been much of a DIYer but that's all about to change...


I'm taking a upholstery class!! I have decided that I'm not going to waste money on something I'm certain I can do myself. The class is only $100.00 and I can bring a piece of furniture that I have, for my project.

That really sold me on the class because if I can take my settee or one of my  regency chairs and make it all pretty, I will attack all of my looming and future projects with a vigor.

Class starts in February and I can't wait!!



10 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

wow, that sounds fun. I'm always so amazed with all these DIY projects. Good luck with that. I'm excited for you. Make sure to take pictures for us. =)

K. Rock said...

That sounds like fun. I love picking up new hobbies.

P.S. I love this... said...

Hey Ladies,

Thanks for stopping by!

@ChinkyGirlMel - I plan to document the class project as well as my (hopefully stellar) attempts. Should be interesting.

@ K.Rock - I'm a lifelong student..anything I find interest in I have to take a class. And I wanted to learn more intricate reupholstery..not just recovering dining chair seats.

CASABrasi said...

I always wanted to take an upholstery class. They offered one in Houston when I lived there and I didn't do it. I kick myself all the time for that! Good luck with your class!

GorgeousPuddin said...

This does sound like fun!! Can't wait to see the end results!

Mustard Seed Collective said...

This is a class I would love to take. I have four chairs that I've begun about three months ago and I haven't completed them yet. A class like this would give me the kick I need!

AB HOME Interiors said...

How fun! I have always wanted to take an upholstery class....but I know I do not have the patience for it! haha Have a fab Turkey day!

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh cool!!

Tonia of Chic Modern Vintage said...

Yes take the class!

L'inspiratrice said...

hello

i m a first timer on ur blog and i m loving it , nice meeting you missy ! u have a great taste :)

and yes ! Bravo for your class , you just gave me a great idea thank you !

big hug to u my new virtual friend ... Life is beautiful !