Friday, April 18, 2008

Baubles

If you're like me, you're a bride-to-be that wants blingage, not only on her finger but everywhere else it can be fabulous. Here's a couple of things that caught my eye.



A cute take on the wearable art that is the Miu Miu Crystal Embellished Sandal:





I know it's totally not in the same ballpark but it's in the parking lot of said ballpark, no? I like this shoe, it's a must have metallic, has blingage, looks comfortable...allowing your precious toes room to groove and the best part a sturdy heel. JACKPOT! And let's be honest, you can't be at your most fabulous when you feet are screaming.

Anyhoo, if you're a crafty diva, you can totally make them your own by adding a faux silk flower from, let's say MJ Trimming, viola, a totally ka-ute shoe for a fraction of the price of the beloved Miu Miu's. Just make sure that it's a soft, billowy flower so it doesn't look cheap.

If I was good at photoshop or something, I would have made a visual. But I'm so not.. but if anyone reading is...hook that up and send it to me...pretty please, it would a great inspiration for girlfriends worldwide.

Ok, on to the next idea.. tablescape. Well actually just one portion of it.. napkin decor. This idea came to mind and thought it would be so cute. See, I like minimalism..clean lines and the like. I'm looking to have a non-fussy table with a WOW factor. So while I'm still mulling the actual decor for the table, I do know I want this blingage element. Picture it:



This is a regular stretch bracelet, simple enough but it really SINGS as a napkin ring/holder. I wanted to see if my imagination was going a tad overboard..so I went to Claire's and bought something similiar and tried it out with a fancy napkin folding technique, slid on the bracelet and OH MY GOSH, it was LOVE!! So now I'm on the hunt for these bracelets at wholesale prices. Again if anyone of my fab readers can photoshop my dream into reality, that would be so awesome!! I'd love to share that with the girlfriends worldwide as well.

Ok that's it for now.. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these shoes. I love them and they are great as I'm on a strict wedding budget...and can't really justify spending god-awful amounts on shoes. I might even try out attaching the flower, great idea!

Anonymous said...

You gotta love shoes with jewels! These are great!