Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cootie Catchers

I've just came across the cutest idea... the Cootie Catcher aka Fortune Teller.


source

Remember those from say...grammar school?? I remember never knowing how to fold them but truly enjoying their yummy contents. It was ALWAYS about boys and kissing.

Well after hunting down a tutorial, I now know how to fold them:



But how to print them is an entirely different beast. I have had no luck finding a DIY for the printing part. I really don't want to shell out $100.00 bucks, the going rate, for something that will cost a small fraction of that. *sigh*

I think they would make awesome ice breakers at the cocktail hour (or so).

If anyone knows of or has a template, please share.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I vaguely remember how to fold them--the template to print them out looks like it could be done...maybe a little complicated but I agree, prob not worth the 100 dollars to buy them!

Lauren said...

There is a template here:

http://gaillovely.com/resources/cootiecatcher.gaillovely.com.ppt

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Tanya and Lauren! Thanks for stopping by!!

Lauren you're a lifesaver.. now to just figure out this ppt... =)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I randomly came across your blog - I am getting married in Sept, and I LOVE this idea! So cute! Love looking around at your posts!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this would be such a great idea! It totally would break the ice. If I were you, I would fold the Fortune Teller, and then draw roughly on it where you would want the art work / words. Then unfold it and a) try to re-create it on the computer, or b) make a adaptable one on a Gocco printer (if you have one...or can borrow one :).

kadler said...

Haha so cute! I used to make these constantly in grade school.

Kalie said...

I found the power point template here! Hope it helps!!

http://ruffledblog.com/freebie-fridays-cootie-catcher-menu-template/