Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Furnishings

I had such a great time at the vineyard. The hubby and I tasted several great wines.. we really LOVED the Riesling and Raspberry wine. YUM!!  The lobster tart was DELISH and it was a perfect pairing with the Riesling. And dark chocolate with the Raspberry wine.. OMG!! It was like a fireworks show for my tastebuds. I shudder just thinking about it! So freakin' good!

We are planning to go back again this weekend for their wine festival.. complete with food vendors, pony rides and hot air balloons. I'm so going on a hot air balloon ride.

On the home front, I ordered a sofa from Sanctuary for the living room.
Decided on a different sofa for the family room.. one without such a high back, which would be more comfortable for lounging.

Doesn't have nailheads but I can add those myself.
 And I think I found the dining table. I've been agonizing about it, much to my family's chagrin. They are like just order a table already!!

I wanted something with an Asian feel to it but not overly so...



I like the little detail on the table's notched edge.  The table has an leaf that extends the table to 96".
 And while trolling Craigslist, I came across this awesome Mahogany carved French mirror with Asian influence, that I would love to have.


This photo does it NO justice. It's so unique.. I just love it. I would put it the dining room, opposite the windows and put a vintage seating underneath.

This is the cutest, tiniest Camel back settee.

They say you should take your time decorating your house and initially, I thought so too. But I'm soooooo over that notion. I just want to walk into a house that is totally, tastefully decorated. But at this point, I'd settle for just having foundational furniture in all the rooms.. or at the VERY least, the common areas.

No comments: