Friday, October 21, 2011

Gilded Entry

Today I worked on the entry area of the house. Although the foyer is spacious, there are no walls to really work with. So, I decided to try and make it a little nicer and define it a bit.

I had a small table that fit the space nicely:

I liked its cabriole legs and open fretwork but the darkness of it was blah. So, I broke out my handy dandy gold spray paint....

Ahhhhh, the gold is so much prettier. I added an Asian figurine lamp (will change out the lampshade.. it's just a placeholder...good shape but not the color).

I knew I needed something on the wall. First up, a picture that I love:

Hubby was so kind to hold it in place for me, while Chompers looked on... I like it but don't love it.

Next up, I figured I'd try a mirror that I have. I knew it would probably be too big for the space but I wanted to see if a mirror would work better.



I really liked the mirror. It instantly further brightened and enlarged the space. The mirror is kinda heavy so I couldn't get Hubby to maneuver out of the way..but I think it looks great. The oversizeness of the mirror was really appealing, very glam!

Which do you like? Picture or mirror...or should I look for something else for the wall?

If I go with the mirror, should I get a taller lamp? Or can I get away with sitting the lamp on some books?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely the mirror! And that lamp size looks fine. I don't think you need to make it taller, but of course that's just my opinion. I really really like the fact that you sprayed the table gold. You hooked it up!!

Tonia Lee Smith said...

The mirror.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Yes the mirror is an excellent choice! It really did brighten the whole space. LOL at trusty gold spray paint!