Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Invitation To Style

It never ceases to amaze me all the wonderful ideas I've swooned over from visiting fellow blogger sites. It has made wedding planning a joy. I love being able to "visit" tons of vendors without taking off my silk shortie pjs and slippers.

Next up on the "To Do" list is, as you might have guessed, invitations. At the very beginning of planning I was totally non-fab when it came to the invites. I said that I didn't want to spend a ton on something that would be thrown away. I mean I've seen prices up to 25,000. For paper!!! I said nope, I'll get something cute from Walmart and "merchandise it up" ala Carrie. However, as the plans and decor is slowly developing, Walmart just won't do. Much to Treasure's chagrin, our budget is quickly approaching the evil twin of it's initial amount. Yikes!

So with fabulousity in mind, I came across the silk boxes. We all know how much I adore them. They are so special. But what about what will go inside of them?? Well I just found Saima Says Design by way of Weddingbee.

Can I tell you these are THE most spectacular invites I've EVER seen!! She takes it not only to another level but outta the stratosphere. Feast your eyes on these beauts:




can't remember where I found these..if yours, let me know so I can credit or delete =(





images from blushevents blog

These photos really don't do these works of art any justice. The intricate detail is just beyond! Saima is a chic chick.

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Love the first one! Have you tried Target? They have some really pretty new letterpress DIY ones. Etsy has a lot to offer, too. Good luck!

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Abbie!! Thanks for stopping by! Hmmm Tar-jay you say. I'll have to stop the crafts section on my weekly mascara and Milanos run. =D
How could I forget about Etsy? Thanks for the reminder.