Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Words Escape Me..Kinda


source

Seems like getting "wedding ready" has taken on a whole new meaning. I'm like most brides that will indulge in donning some lashes and maybe get my teeth whitened but I'm hearing and reading some disturbing new trends. "Botox for the Bridesmaids". "Tan or Else!". "With that dress you need Implants?!?!" What bride would inflict this self-esteem damaging pressure on their "most dearest"?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for whatever a woman feels she needs to do to be her most beautiful. If any type of cosmetic procedure will do the trick, by all means, enjoy. But insisting that your bridal party have work done or your future mother in law, especially for your wedding, is just in poor taste.

I think my sisters, whom are my bridal party, would pop me upside my head for uttering such nonsense. Fake lashes, of course, they love them some fake lashes but anything like mentioned above.. I would be quickly told to kick rocks. For your reading enjoyment an article about the latest wedding "trends".

*climbing off soapbox*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Expecting botox for the bridesmaids, unless they already do botox, is crazy.

Isn't that like telling they are flawed and need to be fixed?

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Pissed Off Bride! Thanks for stopping by. I know..it's like telling them they are flawed and that's not fabulous.

pink bridesmaid dresses said...

Botox? No not a good idea.