Thursday, May 28, 2009

Guestbook Blues

I had been thinking about whether or not to do a guestbook. I mean we will have photos and video of everyone and will get their sentiments and well wishes at the wedding so I was thinking, is a guestbook really necessary for our wedding?

But then I came across an idea that was truly fabulous and served dual purposes. Guestbook table numbers!!! Genuis. It's such a cute idea..not only serves as table number marker, it will help guest engage in convo as they peruse the pages and add comments. I wish I was more DIY talented..but I think I can do this.


Supplies

  • Hardcover book ( here )
  • Fabric (My fab Pucci-esque fabric, of course)
  • Number stencils
  • Cardstock for the numbers and for the inside covers
  • Pencil, ruler & scissors
  • Tacky glue & glue stick

1) Cut your fabric so it's just slightly (half an inch or more all the way around) bigger than the cover of the book when layed with both covers flat against the table. Cut little slits at the binding so that you can fold your fabric over the cover. You will be putting paper over the inside cover so no one will see your edges.

2) Glue your fabric to the inside cover of one side. Then run your tacky glue all around the binding. Then move to the other side and glue your fabric to the other inside cover. Moving in this manner will keep your fabric tight against the book and help eliminate wrinkles.

3) Cut your paper to go over the inside covers. I cut mine 5 1/2" X 7 3/4" for each inside cover, so I used one sheet of 8.5 X 11 cardstock per book. Use tacky glue around the edges and a glue stick for the center to prevent bumps on the paper.

4) Using your number stencil, trace with a pencil and then cut out your number. Do this twice so you can have a number on either side of the book if you want. You can get quite a few numbers on one sheet of 8.5 X 11 cardstock. I glued mine with tacky glue.

5) For the inside of your book, feel free to write a message to your guests, prompts for their writing or even drawing. My favorite is "Draw the bride and groom on their wedding day". Don't forget to provide guests something to write with!





courtesy Project Wedding

No comments: