Friday, May 29, 2009

Where Art Thou?

I'm currently hammering down the details for photo locations before the wedding ceremony. We are getting ready in NY at the London Hotel, then making our way south and stopping along the way for photos.

Our first stop is Bryant Park. I wanted to have photos on the cute Le Carrousel


courtesy of flicker

Then, which is where I got stuck, we wanted some fab pics on a cobblestone street. I just love the texture it gives photos, especially in black and white. Like this:


courtesy of Karen Hill

But for the life of me, I don't know where this location is. Anyone know? Or have any suggestions for cobblestone photo goodness?

Lastly, as we are taking the ferry from Financial District to the venue, we figured we'd take photos in the area. So the South Street area might be a good idea. Like these:




courtesy of WeddingBee, Miss Swan and Dante Williams

Aren't they lovely!?!? I especially love that they are by the water, have a view of a skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge. Initially, we wanted to take photos on the Brooklyn Bridge but my photographer shared that we would have to walk to the Bridge and I wasn't sure if I was feeling that idea.. with me and my Party in with heels, big dresses. I don't know..maybe we'll do a dry run one of these weekends. But South Street is definitely a picturesque option.

Should I let go of my dream of a photo like this?


courtesy of Globetrotting Bride

3 comments:

Mommara said...

OMG you must, must get the SITC shot. Every girls dream and you will be so glad you did! They all are really great idea's. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Globetrottingbride said...

FUN! I can't wait to see your pics! For cobblestone streets check out Tribeca and the meatpacking district.

Kim said...

great idea! there are some awesome cobblestone streets in the financial district, Pearl Street, William Street, Stone Street and Mill Lane (it a VERY tiny street between william and stone that I LVOE) are some great ideas!