Friday, May 22, 2009

That Cake Was Boss

Another item crossed off my "To-Do" list was visiting the bakery for our wedding cake. The Liberty House works with the fabulous Carlos Bakery located in Hoboken, NJ. Yup, the same one that can be seen on Food Network and more recently getting geared up for his own reality show, "Cake Boss". How exciting!

The tasting was great. We got to meet Buddy the baker. He looks exactly the same as he does on TV.



Of course, the cakes we had to choose from were from several pre-configured cakes.. which I was fine with. I had been obsessing too long on too many elements of the wedding. At this point I just wanted a good cake that looks pretty.

We chose a 3 tier, square vanilla cake with lemon french cream and fresh raspberry filling. It tasted like SUMMER!! I can't wait to gobble it up again on the wedding day.

Since it will be generic in design, I will add my own touches, including wrapping thin "Pucci" ribbon around the base of each tear and placing white orchids on the first and last tier.

We decided to nix the Pucci cupcakes because the fiance wanted something more traditional. I'm ok with that. I get the warm fuzzies just thinking about that element being special to him.

No comments: