Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Afterwhile, Crocodile!

I've been searching for a faux exotic fabric to reupholster these fabulous wingback chairs I've purchased. I have a true affinity for all things exotic skinned (wonderfully faux, in this case) and would love to have chairs that are unique to my home and truly compliments my eclectic decor aesthetic.

So these are the chairs


Great chairs right? But they would be simply smashing with new upholstery and some nail head detail.

Here are the faux finds... I'm torn between a rich chocolate faux croc pattern:



And the grey-silver faux croc fabric, which is so fab!




I plan to order samples of both of these and a bone color as well, just to keep my options open. Good news is that they are all neutrals and I can really work and re-work the space as needed. Swap out throw pillows, curtains and rugs... maybe a few accessories and voila a new room.

3 comments:

CRAFTS FROM THE HEART said...

ooh can't wait to see finished product.

Dayka Robinson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! To be honest, I like the chairs before, but I LOVE those fabrics. The croc is too hot!! Did you get them online or in your area??

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Ladies! Thanks for stopping by!!

I'm anxious to get started with this project, I think I should enlist a professional as I've never reupholstered anything before.

Dayka, I found these fabrics online.. the chocolate faux croc on Ebay and the silver faux croc online.. http://discounteddesignerfabrics.com/index.php