Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lush Living

While at the newsstand yesterday, I did a quick scan of the home decor section of magazines and quickly zeroed in on what has now become my living room inspiration.


photo courtesy of Good Bones, Great Pieces
click to enlarge

I swoon!

The gray color scheme is so chic, just the right touch of sparkle, the soothing pale yellow curtains, upholstered walls, modern fireplace.. fab settees, oooh the perfection. This residential work of art was created by Kara Mann of Kara Mann Designs. I love how she seamlessly mixes traditional and modern.

I think it's kismet as I bought 2 matching settees, with very similar lines, a month ago for reupholstering.



Now only if I can find a tutorial on refinishing the wood in that "antique-y" look..

2 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

Love the pieces you bought. Not sure if you want to get in to doing it yourself, but I imagine a lighter kind of stripped wood with some white colors (not sure if that makes sense . . . ). Anyhow, I would strip the wood with the idea of having a bit of an uneven finish. Then maybe doing a white colorwash (or something like that) on top--I imagine it looking beautiful. Do you have your fabric?

BTW, I LOVE your wedding photos but wish they were larger--you look amazing!

P.S. I love this... said...

Hi Dayka! Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for the suggestions. You're right, I don't think I should opt to try this on.. I have no skills to speak of with this kind of DIY. lol So I will leave it up to the professionals.

I don't have the fabric yet, I would love to do a silk but that isn't very practical but it sure would be beautiful..

Thank you for the compliment on the wedding photos. Everytime I look at them, I want to get married all over again...